Announcements - updated 6/13/2022
1) Summer and Fall open enrollment is going on now for all students. Students enroll online at mycollege.laccd.edu. The Class Schedule is online now inside the student portal or online at http://lacitycollege.edu/Academics/Classes/Class-Schedules
- Students can enroll online without a permission number through the second day of class if the class is open.
- If the class is full, you can choose a different class or send an email to the instructor to request a permission number to enroll online.
- Last day to enroll online with a permission number are generally June 15, 2022 for first 5-week courses. 8-week courses last day is June 21, 2022. Second 5-week courses last day is July 20, 2020. Please check the class schedule for the specific dates.
2) Canvas will update for online class access within 2 hours of enrollment. To access your online class, log into the student portal at mycollege.laccd.edu and click on Canvas.
3) EW, Requests for Excused Withdrawal - Students who do not successfully complete classes due to the COVID-19 crisis may request an Excused Withdrawal (EW) grade. Please submit the online general petition at http://www.lacitycollege.edu/Admissions/Admissions-Records/General-Petition. Be sure to include student name, student number, semester, course name, and course number. We will process EW requests in the order received. We will confirm by email once it is processed. The average petition processing period is 4 to 6 weeks. This time frame may vary depending on our workload. We make every effort to process as soon as possible. From Spring 2020 to Summer 2021, documentation is not required for EW COVID-19 related requests. As of Fall 2021, documentation will be required for approval of EW requests.
As of July 1, 2022, all EW requests and General Petitions must be submitted through the online form. PDF forms will no longer be accepted.http://www.lacitycollege.edu/Admissions/Admissions-Records/General-Petition
4) To clear a prerequisite, email Academic Counseling at email@example.com and put in the subject line "Your Name - Student ID# - the LACC course(s) you intend to take." Please attach a copy of your transcript (unofficial is acceptable) that clearly shows the college name, your name, the course title, the term taken, and the final grade received.
5) For Admissions and Records, all items to be processed must be emailed from the LACCD student email account to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your email once processed.
6) If you are checking on incoming transcripts, please note, the To Do List item does not prevent enrollment.
7) If you have trouble with enrollment, the Admissions Office can process it for you if you send an email to email@example.com from your student email account. Use "Add Class" for a subject line and be sure to include student name, student number, course name, course number, and permission number from the instructor (if necessary).
8) Our standard processing time for Parchment transcript orders is up to 10 business days (approximately two weeks). Please note this is separate from delivery method so please also factor in delivery time if you chose the physical mailing option.
9) Spring and Summer 2021 Certificates and Degrees are ready to pick up in the Admissions Office. If you prefer to have it mailed, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10) For K-12 students, please note once the permission form is processed you may enroll into class. The High School student hold does not come off until you graduate but we use other pages to process the permission form. You may enroll into the specific classes listed on the form. A new form is required for every semester.
11) Having trouble with your student portal password? Call our Help Desk at 1(888) 930 – 5222 or email email@example.com . Mon - Thur: 8:00am - 7:00pm, Fri: 8:00am - 2:00pm.