How Do I Qualify?
To be eligible for EOPS, a student must meet all six (6) of the eligibility criteria:
- Be a California resident.
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver at level A, B, C with Zero EFC, or D.
- Must be enrolled in 12 or more units in the LA Community College District (at least 9 of the 12 units at LACC). If a student is verified by the Office of Special Services (OSS) as an active participant, the student may be enrolled in 6 units or more at LACC or as approved by the OSS department.
- Have completed less than 70 degree-applicable units completed from all colleges attended in total.
- Have not earned an AA/AS degree or higher, or the equivalent of a foreign degree.
- Are educationally disadvantaged (in one or more areas listed below):
- Not recommended to enroll in degree applicable English or Math classes
- Does not have a high school diploma or GED
- High School G.P.A. below 2.5
- Previously enrolled in remedial English or Math classes
- Be a current or former foster youth
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be a non-native English speaker
Once a student has met all six (6) of the eligibility criteria, the student is encouraged to submit an EOPS/CARE application.
Please see the “Application Process” page.