Skip to Main Content

International Student Program


Can F1 Students Work?

YES. F-1 Students can work on campus or off campus. How? F1 students are eligible to work on campus if they are enrolled in 12 units of credit. F1 students who have completed an academic year of college study are permitted to work off campus through either Curricular Practical Training or Optional Practical Training. Students working off campus and not authorized for with CPT or OPT will be terminated in SEVIS and not eligible for reinstatement.

NOW HIRING - Entry Jobs in International Trade (CPT/OPT only)

Customer Service | Sales Reps
  • $18/19 hr. + Commission
  • **Bilingual Spanish Needed
  • Duties: 
    • Provide customers with product availability, new product info, pricing, processing, and other info as needed.
  • Requirements: 
    • 1-2 call center/customer service experience 
    • Computer proficiency; excel experience (formulas, formatting, sizing, spreadsheets)
  • Connect with Ruth Amanuel at to forward your resume to hiring managers
Clerical / Data Entry:
  • Duties/ Skills:
    • Data input- Record keeping
    • Help with the on-boarding process.
    • Able to stay focused and finish tasks.
    • Daily Attendance is Key!
  • Job Type: Temporary (possible temp- hire)
    • $16.50/hr. 
    • 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Mon-Fri
  • Connect with Ruth Amanuel at to forward your resume to hiring managers

Curricular Practical Training

CPT Presentation

CPT Request form

CPT Workshop Video

Optional Practical Training

OPT Presentation

OPT Request Form

OPT Instructions

OPT Workshop Video

Career Center at LACC

To learn more about how the Career Center can assist you in a finding job, assisting you with your resume, or practicing for an upcoming interview click CAREER