Skip to Main Content


Challenging Your Placement Under AB 705

To challenge your placement

Students also have the right to select their own pathways within English and math, and can challenge any recommendations given to them if they so choose. This challenge can be made in one of the following ways:

  • By speaking with a counselor*
  • Or, by submitting a course work petition to the Admissions and Records office
  • Or, by speaking with the Department Chair directly, and requesting placement in the class of their choosing

*No appointment necessary. Students enrolled in Specialized Support Programs such as EOPS can speak with a counselor within that program to receive speedier service.