Skip to Main Content

Academic Counseling

Course Substitution Petition

Major course requirements for local degrees and certificates of achievement may be substituted or waived solely at the discretion of academic department faculty, provided that the major requirement units do not fall below 18 units for the local degree or 16 units for the certificate of achievement. Course substitutions need not be stated in the college catalog, student information system, or any other database that houses academic program requirements. Course substitutions for major requirements for Associate Degrees for Transfer may be recommended by academic department faculty, but must be reviewed and approved by the college Articulation Officer. Substitution of coursework required to meet any general education requirements and graduation competency is solely at the discretion of the counseling faculty or Articulation Officer.

This Form Can Be Completed by Either a Student or a Counselor

Students: Please provide your name, email, and phone number.
Counselors: Please provide your name, email, and extension.

Counselor Information

If this form is being filled out by a student, counselor information can be left blank.

Student Information

Your student email address ending in ""
( ) -

Course Information


Official Transcripts On File?:

Please upload any additional supporting files necessary to complete your request.
Transcripts, Course Syllabus or Outline, etc.


If the Form Does Not Submit

Please check that all required fields are properly filled out. Empty fields will be marked in red.