TRANSFER: GENERAL INFORMATION
Helping You Transfer
By starting your college career at Los Angeles City College you can:
- SAVE MONEY: Finish the first two years of your Bachelor’s degree for hundreds to thousands of dollars less than it would cost to do so at a university.
- IMPROVE LIKELIHOOD OF BEING ADMITTED: Improve your chances of being admitted to the university of your choice by participating in our Scholar’s Program that gives students priority admissions consideration to certain universities.
- HELP WITH APPLICATIONS: Get assistance with how to complete applications materials from our University Transfer Center and identifying the right college for you.
- BECOME A BETTER STUDENT: Raise your academic performance so that you can succeed in college level coursework through programs such as our basic skills and learning skills classes and/or tutoring programs.
|University Transfer Center
(323) 953-4000 ext. 2215 | Administration 109
The University Transfer Center can provide you with up-to-date information on transfer and admission requirements for public and private universities all over the country. They also provide answers on the university transfer process, financial aid, majors, and student support services. Workshops and on-campus informational sessions with university representatives are scheduled throughout the year.
Accelerated College Transfer (ACT) | (323) 953-4000 ext. 2541
The ACT Program was designed especially for busy working adults. Accelerated courses, 2 nights a week and one Saturday a month, lets you graduate in just 2 years and transfer to the university of your choice.
Counseling Department | (323) 953-4000 ext. 2250 | Administration 108
Another great source of information on the transfer process, requirements and guidance as to the right classes to take to meet your goals is Counseling.
Scholars Program | (323) 953-4000 ext. 2340 | Administration Bldg 205B & 205C
The LA City College Scholars Program is designed to prepare the motivated students for successful transfer to the university. The program offers an enriched and rigorous curriculum, field trips, social events and more. Certified members are guaranteed priority consideration for admission to UCLA, UC Riverside, UC Irvine, UC Santa Cruz, Occidental, Chapman University, Cal State Dominguez Hills, LaSierra University and Pomona College.
TRIO | (323) 953-4000 ext. 2466 | SSV 116
TRIO is a federally funded grant program through the Department of Education targeted at low income, first generation and disabled students who want to transfer to a 4-year university. Services include academic and personal counseling, financial aid, tutoring, special courses and more.
ITV | (818) 833-3594
Complete your general education requirements needed to transfer from the comfort of your home via your television and on-line. (Note: some universities do not accept ITV credits. Be sure to speak to a counselor about your target university.)
|Find extensive information about
transferring in our catalog.
|And check out this exciting program
for students who wish to transfer to
the CSU system: