cubs to bruins HIGH SCHOOL
FAST TRACK pROGRAM UCLA Library Visit: Fall 2010
Los Angeles City College has an innovative program for motivated high school students with its Fast-Track Honors Program. This UCLA-supported program allows high school students to transfer to UCLA after just a single year of full-time study at LACC.
Admission to the Los Angeles City College Fast Track Scholars Program requires a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.00.
The program is open to high school juniors and seniors eligible for English 101 (College Reading and Composition I) at Los Angeles City College. To determine English level competency, applicants are required to take the Los Angeles City College Assessment Test.
Prior to applying to the Scholars Program, the student must have a current application on file with Los Angeles City College.
Applicants must include ALL the following documents for processing. You will be notified by mail or email of your admission into the Scholars Program AFTER these documents have been evaluated.
1. The Scholars Program application.
2. Submit your official High school transcripts and transcripts for ANY college work completed. ONLY Los Angeles Community College District transcripts may be unofficial. ALL OTHER TRANSCRIPTS, INCLUDING HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS, MUST BE OFFICIAL AND IN A SEALED ENVELOPE. Include proof of one AP test passed with a score of three or better and/or current enrollment in an AP class.
3. Los Angeles City College assessment scores for English 101 placement or an AP English Language or Literature score of 3 or better.
4. Two letters of recommendation. Preferably from a Counselor and Teacher.
5. A well prepared essay outlining your academic goals.
While you are a concurrently enrolled high school student you will be required to maintain at least a 3.0 g.p.a in all UC transferable coursework. Once you graduate from high school you will be required to maintain a 3.3 g.p.a in all
UC transferable course work.
The application packet can be mailed to:
Dr. Danielle Muller, Director
Ralph Bunche Scholars College
Los Angeles City College
855 N. Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029
Note: Satisfactory completion of the Scholars Program requires students to take and complete six (6) three (3) unit scholars courses, earn a 3.3. cumulative g.p.a., complete an outside public service project and a university level research paper. Upon completion of the requirements students are certified as Ralph Bunche Scholars.
After you file your application and get your registration appointment card, proceed to AD 103 to schedule your assessment appointment. You will take a basic skills assessment in reading, writing, language usage, and mathematics to help you select appropriate courses. This is not an entrance exam to the college and you will not be penalized in any way for your score.
You must have an application on file to take the test. If it is determined that you do not have a student application on file you will be excluded from the test. You can get a student application at the Student Assistance Center located in AD105 or complete the application online at: http://www.laccd.edu/district/student_information/application_instructions.htm