Federal Direct Stafford LOANS
Federal Direct Stafford Loan
Extended Deadline for Summer Students Only
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
NEW INFORMATION AND FORMS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS THAT WANT TO
APPLY FOR LOANS FOR FALL. THE UPDATES WILL BE ON THIS PAGE ON July 8, 2013
DO NOT USE THE CURRENT INFORMATION AND FORMS TO APPLY FOR FALL 2013
(6 units and other eligibility requirements must be met to qualify)
Follow These Steps to Apply for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan:
- Read the Los Angeles City College Student Loan Guide for important information about Stafford Loans and general financial aid eligibility.
- Use this helpful (not required) Stafford Loan Checklist .
- Complete a 2012-13 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
Direct Loan Entrance Counseling: All borrowers must complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling. Proof of completion must be submitted with loan packet.
Please Note: Repeat borrowers must complete entrance counseling again. The proof of completion must be dated on or after July 1, 2012.
Master Promissory Note: New borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). All borrowers must submit a copy of the MPN.
- Financial Literacy Lessons: All borrowers are asked to complete three (3) financial literacy lessons.
- Complete Lesson 203, How Do I Live on a Budget While I’m in School?
Choose any other two (2) of the remaining lessons. Instructions are on page 1. The list of lessons is on page 2. There is short test at the end of each lesson. You must score at least 70% on each lesson.
Print out the test results only and submit them with the loan packet. DO NOT PRINT OUT THE ENTIRE QUIZ.
Student Loan Request Form:. Complete and submit a the loan request.
Student Loan History: Submit a printout of your student loan history (If you have never borrowed before you will still print out the history. It will be blank).
Submit valid state issued picture identification, or U.S. passport