The mission of Financial Aid programs is to make college education accessible to individuals who otherwise would be unable to attend college.
The Financial Aid Office administers federal, state, and institutional programs designed to expand college access. The available financial assistance comes in the form of grants, work-study, loans, and scholarships. The assistance makes it possible for individuals to continue their education beyond high school, even if they and/or their families cannot meet the full cost of post-secondary education.
The office will:
- Implement web-based technology to make the financial aid delivery system more efficient for students.
- Improve the services needed by AB540 students.
- Administer aid at the start of each semester to significantly more students.
- Increase the delivery of financial aid information to students and create opportunities for dialogue with students.
- Establish financial literacy resources and promote them to students.
Financial Aid Computer Labs Location and Schedule form 2/2/15 - 2/20/15
Computer labs, known as the FastLab, are available for students that wish to apply for federal aid and Cal Grants; check financial aid status; download and print financial aid forms, and apply for student loans. Click here for the times and Locations of the FastLab.
2014-2015 FINANCIAL AID SCHOOL SELECTION
(All students must complete this process)
In order to make sure your financial aid file is processed at the LACCD campus of your choice, you need to select your college through the Student Information System. Generally, you want to have your financial aid processed at the college where you will take most of your classes and will complete your degree, certificate, or transfer program. Your financial aid can only be processed at one college per semester. Click here for instructions on how to select your Financial Aid Processing School.
STEP 1: Apply on-line at FAFSA on the Web
STEP 2: Activate the myLACCDcard you will receive in the mail
STEP 3: On the Student Information System select LACC as the campus that you wish to process your financial aid. Click here for instructions
STEP 4: Check your award status in the LACCD Student Information System
If your application is selected for verification, you will need to provide additional paperwork. The paperwork may include, but is not limited to:
- Certification of SNAP benefits
- Certification of Child Support Paid
- Verification Worksheet
- IRS Tax Return Transcript (transcripts are available online at www.irs.gov) - If you successfully used the IRS Data Retrieval Tool and didn't change any of the data the transcripts is not required.
Check your status on the Student information System (SIS) to identify any documentation that you need to submit.
If you are attending fall and spring the documentation must be submitted by the last day of the school year. If you are only attending one semester the documentation must be received by the end of the term.
SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS APPEAL RESULTS
It may take up to 30 business days to to review an appeal. Click here to check the status of your appeal.Use your student ID number to find your status.
THE CALIFORNIA DREAM ACT EXTENDS ELIGIBILITY FOR STATE FINANCIAL AID TO STUDENTS THAT MEET AB540 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
SATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS STANDARDS
FINANCIAL AID REFUND PROBLEMS