Distance Education Information
Students may enroll in online classes through the Student Information System anytime after their registration appointment date until the first day of the semester, or the class limit is reached. Instructors of class sections that have reached the enrollment cap may, at their discretion, add a limited number of addtional students. The individual instructor must be contacted to determine if they are accepting add requests. State your request to add the course including the Course Title and Section Number. Please include your complete, official name and student ID number in all add requests.
I want to take an online class, what do I do?
- Check out the information on the online education page at http://www.lacitycollege.edu/offsite/distance-ed/index.html.
- Take the self-assessment at www.lacitycollege.edu/schedule/openclasses/readiness.html
I am enrolled in an online class, what do I do now?
- Make certain that you list a correct email address in your student profile in the LACCD student information system, https://www.services.laccd.edu/districtsite/sis_logon.asp.
- Look for email messages from the instructor of your online course.
- Read the current schedule of classes for information about instructor contact and in-person meetings, http://lacitycollege.edu/schedule/openclasses/class-schedules.html. It is your responsibility to attend mandatory orientation meetings, and you may be dropped for non-attendance,
- If you do not hear from your instructor within the first 2 days of the beginning of the term send them an email. In your email subject line state your course name and section#, include your complete, official name and student ID in the body of your message. A complete campus directory may be found here, http://directory.lacitycollege.edu/