Distance Education: students
I want to take an online class, what do I do?
- Take the self-assessment at Am I Ready for an Online Class?
- Go to Admission Office links and forms
- And check the schedule of classes for specific information on getting started or orientation dates.
I am enrolled in an online class, what do I do now?
- Make certain that you list a correct email address in your student profile in the LACCD Student Information System.
- Look for email messages from the instructor of your online course. These messages will be sent to your official, LACC-assigned student email addresses at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the current schedule of classes for information about instructor contact and in-person meetings. It is your responsibility to attend mandatory orientation meetings, and you may be dropped for non-attendance,
- If you do not hear from your instructor within the first 2 days of the beginning of the term send them an email. In your email subject line state your course name and section number, include your complete, official name, and student ID in the body of your message. A complete campus directory may be found here.
How can I contact my instructor with specific questions about my DE course?
- LACC Employee Directory
- Note: It can take up to 24 hours after you add a class for your account to become active in Etudes
What resources are available to me as a DE student?
Student Services for DE Students
Online Research Resources
Course Management System