City College at Wilshire

CCW Closing: Details


City College at Wilshire provides another convenient location for the community to access college transfer and professional development courses as well as ESL and more. The Center is located on the 2nd Floor at 3020 Wilshire Blvd., just east of Vermont Ave., between Virgil and Westmoreland.

Non-Credit and Customized Training Programs in:

  • Citizenship & Civics
  • English as a Second Language
  • English & Math Fundamentals
  • Retail
  • Workplace Success
Who May Apply? What About Fees? Additional Information
How Do I Apply? What About Financial Aid?  
How Do I Enroll in Classes? What About Books?  


Wilshire map

Driving Directions to City College at Wilshire [PDF]

Who May Apply for Admission?

A high school graduate, or

A person who is eighteen years of age or older who can benefit from instruction, or

A student under eighteen years of age and not a high school graduate, under special programs.

You do not need to be a US Citizen to apply. However, to qualify as a California resident, for tuition purposes, you are required to have a status that allows you to establish California residence prior to the Residence Determination Date. The “Residence Determination Date” is that day immediately preceding the opening day of instruction of the semester, summer session or winter intersession.

How Do I Apply?

1. You may obtain an Application for Admission:
• on the web at
• at the City College at Wilshire Office – 3020 Wilshire Blvd, 2nd Floor, Wilshire Plaza (corner of Virgil Ave.)
• at the Student Assistance Center (AD 105) on the main LACC campus (855 N. Vermont Ave. near Melrose)

2. Applications may be submitted:
• in person at the main campus Admissions Office
• in person at the Wilshire Center
• online at

3. When submitting your application in person, please bring proof of your Social Security number to establish a college identification number. However, if you do not wish to use your Social Security number, you may request a college ID number instead.

How Do I Enroll in Classes?

New Students: After submitting your application online or at the main campus Admissions Office (AD 100), you will receive an enrollment appointment. You may enroll in classes by phone or internet anytime after your appointment date/time. If you submit your application in person at City College at Wilshire, you will be able to enroll immediately.

You must then make an appointment to take the college assessment test. The assessment test helps determine the correct level of English and Math classes you should take. Please allow one hour for the ESL assessment test, and three hours for the English/Math assessment test.

Assessment testing will be available on the main campus. Students must make an appointment to take a placement test. To make an appointment, go to AD 103 or schedule it online at

Continuing Students: If you have taken classes at LACC in the last two semesters, you will receive a registration appointment postcard in the mail. You may enroll in classes by phone or internet anytime after your appointment date/time. You may also enroll at the City College at Wilshire on the first day of class.

Returning Students: If you have taken classes at LACC but it has been more than two semesters, you are a returning student and should follow the instructions for new students.
To Register by Student Telephone Enrollment Program (STEP):
(323) 226-1999 (213) 689-8888 (310) 605-0505 (818) 988-2222

To Register by Internet:
Go to CCCApply at LACC Online Admission Application or go to www.laccd.eduand click Student Information.

What Enrollment Fees Do I Have to Pay?

What Are the Current Fees? 
For the most recent information on Fees, visit the Business Office Website.

How Do I Pay My Fees?
• You can pay by check or credit card at City College at Wilshire
• You can pay by cash, check, or credit card at the main campus Business Office (AD 111)
• You can pay by credit card online or through the STEP system

How Do I Apply for Financial Aid?

STEP 1: Complete and submit the FAFSA form.
Form available on-line (, at the main campus Financial Aid Office (Clausen Hall 111A), and at City College at Wilshire.

STEP 2: Several weeks later, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) acknowledgment in the mail. Bring it to the Financial Aid Office to open a financial aid file and discuss any problems with your application.

STEP 3: The Financial Aid Office will review your application and automatically processes a fee waiver for students who meet the criteria. This may take a few weeks.

STEP 4: The Financial Aid Office will then send you an Award Notification Letter which states how much aid you will receive.

STEP 5: Typically your first award check will arrive two weeks after you receive the Award Notification, but it can take longer. Financial aid checks, except for loans, are either sent by mail, available for pick-up at the main campus Business Office upon request, or transferred electronically to the student’s bank account during the school year. You may apply for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) at the main campus Business Office, AD 111.

How Do I Apply for a Fee Waiver?
If you are a low-income resident of California, you may qualify for a Board of Governors Enrollment Fee Waiver which covers your enrollment fees. The Fee Waiver DOES NOT cover books, parking permits, and living expenses. You will need to complete the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance with these areas.

NOTE: When you submit the FAFSA form, you are automatically considered for the fee waiver. If you need the fee waiver immediately, however, you may use a separate Board of Governors Fee Waiver form. Forms are available in the Financial Aid Office, Clausen Hall 111A.

What About Books?

Textbooks will be available for purchase at City College at Wilshire, at times to be announced, during the first 2 weeks of the semester. You may also purchase your textbooks at the main campus Bookstore located in the Cub Center Building. If you have an EOP&S book voucher, you can use the vouchers ONLY at the main campus Bookstore.

Additional Information

For more detailed information on enrolling, fees and financial aid, refer to the front section of the main campus Class Schedule or visit the main campus Student Assistance Center (AD105) or Financial Aid Office (CH111A). These offices have staff who speak multiple languages. You may also contact the Student Assistance Center at (323) 953 – 4000 x2455, and the Financial Aid Office at (323) 953 – 4000 x2025.