This page is provided by the IT
department to answer some common questions.
For further technical information, call the IT Help Desk at extension 2049.
If you need training on using any of the LACC systems, contact the
and Organizational Development office at extension 2887.
- Highlight/select a section of a document. Click at the beginning of the section you want to select. While holding the mouse button pressed, move to end of the section. Then, release.
- Highlight/select the whole document. Ctrl + A
- Copy a selected area. Ctrl + C
- Paste copied area. Ctrl + V
Counting the Number of Words
If you want to know the number of words in a document or section of a document.
- Highlight the section you want to count.
(If you do not select any section of the document, the count will be for the whole document)
- Click on the Tools menu, select Word Count.
- A window with the word count will open.
- You can include the footnotes and endnotes.
Notice that in the example below, only two of the four lines were highlighted.