For technical support, please submit a work request via the LACCD Portal.
If you need training on using any of the LACC systems, contact the Teaching Learning Center (TLC) office at extension 2480.
- Highlight/select a section of a document. Click at the beginning of the section you want to select. While holding the mouse button pressed, move to end of the section. Then, release.
- Highlight/select the whole document. Ctrl + A
- Copy a selected area. Ctrl + C
- Paste copied area. Ctrl + V
Counting the Number of Words
If you want to know the number of words in a document or section of a document.
- Highlight the section you want to count.
(If you do not select any section of the document, the count will be for the whole document)
- Click on the Tools menu, select Word Count.
- A window with the word count will open.
- You can include the footnotes and endnotes.
Notice that in the example below, only two of the four lines were highlighted.