CURE Student Project Reports and Presentations
- Masha Petrowizky, Characterization of Titan's Lakes by in situ Spectroscopy. Presentation.
- Christopher LaBorde, Photographing and Determing Accurate Positions of Asteroids in the Solar System Through Observational Astronomy and Astrometric Methods. Presentation.
- Alex Carr, Solar System Astrometry. Presentation
- Helena Rhee, Contact Detection and Analysis System (CDAS): Maritime Autonomy and Perception. Presentation
- Amanda Moffitt, Multi-agent USV Missions for Swarm II: Integration and Testing. Presentation
- Raffi Shirinian, Rosetta Mission Amateur Data Archive. Presentation.
- Nabil Hentabli,
- Spencer Devins, Lobateness Study of Impact Craters on the Surface of Pluto. Presentation
- Lionel Elkins, Developing a Planetary Doppler Imager. Presentation
- James Frederick, Solar Phase Curve of Pluto. Presentation
- Mark Shiffer, Photometric Observations of Pluto. Presentation
- Masha Petrowizky, Early System Strategies and A-Team Instrumentation Database. Presentation
- Kimberly Schiazza, Microbial Spectral Signatures: Is a Microbe More Than the Sum of its Parts? Presentation
- Luis Diaz, Development of a Compact Doppler Magnetograph. Presentation
- Gerardo Hernandez, Developing a Compact Doppler Magnetograph. Presentation
- Tannaz Oskui, Supercomputer Numerical Simulation of Astronomical Processes, Presentation
- Francisco Raygoza, Supercomputer Numerical Simulation of Astronomical Processes. Presentation
- Kenneth Jones, Multi-Agent Control and Computer Vision, Presentation
- Jose Padilla, Multi Agent Control and Computer Vision for Autonomous Maritime Vehicles, Presentation
- James Frederick, Photometry of Comet C/2013 UQ4. Presentation
- Mark Shiffer, High Precision Astrometry of Occulting Asteroids. Presentation
- Gilberto Castaneda, High Precision Astrometry of Occulting Asteroids. Presentation
- Ian Harley, Photometric Modeling of the Ultra-fast Rotating Asteroid 2014 GN1. Presentation
- Logan Rudd, Development and testing of a magneto-optical filter for a Compact Doppler Magnetograph. Presentation
- Gerardo Hernandez, Development and testing of a magneto-optical filter for a Compact Doppler Magnetograph. Presentation
- Michael Wilburn, Engineering Design and Assistance for Astrogeology Research, Presentation
- Paul Killam, Laplacian-Gaussian Method of 3D Surface Extrapolation, from a Set of 2D, Shallow Depth of Field Images in MATLAB. Presentation
- Mimi Parker and Charles Budney, Design and Testing of a Sample Container to Preserve Rock Cores for Proposed Mars Sample Return, Presentation. Abstract
- Brandon Day, High Precision Astrometry of Occulting Asteroids, Presentation. Abstract.
- Adrian Carcione, Tracking the Polyrhythm: Broadband Photometry and Lightcurve of the Binary Potentially Hazardous Asteroid (285263) 1998 QE2 with Photometric Analysis Methods, Presentation. Abstract
- Randal Borlase and Mike Hicks, 2002 GT: A 2020 Future Deep Impact Flyby Target, Presentation. Abstract
- V. Margot Paez, Deep UV Spectroscopy of the Mojave Desert, Presentation. Abstract
- Mark Brewer, Photometric Observations of 1999 KX4 and Astrometric Observations of 2013 PY6, Presentation. Abstract
- Cierra Strojia and Michael Hicks, 1382 Gerti: Resolving Ambiguities in the Shape and Pole Models, Presentation
- Rossen Chemelekov, Kelvin Konevsky and Neil Murphy, Design of a Transverse Magneto Optical Filter, Presentation
- Tamara Davtyan and Michael Hicks, Broadband Photometry of the Potentially Hazardous Asteroid (153958) 2002 AM31: A Binary Near-Earth Asteroid, Presentation
- David Dombroski and Michael Hicks, Broadband Photometry of 2003 KU2: A Potentially Hazardous Near-Earth Asteroid, Presentation
- Samantha Teague and Michael Hicks, Resolving Ambiguities in Shape and Pole Models of 832 Karin, Presentation
- Duy Vo, Karen Garcia, Tzitlaly Barajas, and Neil Murphy, Searching for Signatures of Solar Flares
- Phu Kieu, Lucy Abramyan, Cross-Language Interfacing and Gesture Detection with Microsoft Kinect
- Michael McCormack, Michael Hicks, Shape and Spin State of (8567) 1996 HW1 Using Ground-based Photometry
- Cierra Strojia, Michael Hicks, Near Earth Object 1986 LA,
- Samantha Teague, Michael Hicks, 2011 HP: A Potentially Water-Rich Near-Earth Asteroid
- Beverly Thackeray, Tyler O'Dell, William Owen, Asteroid Astrometry
Fall 2010 - Spring 2011
- Tzitlaly Barajas, M. Hicks, D. Mayes, H. Rhoades, J. Somers, K. Garcia, T. Truong, J. Foster, Physical Characterization of 2002 VE68, a Quasi-Moon of Venus
- Karen Garcia, T. Truong, M.D. Hicks, T. Barajas, J. Foster, Rotationally Resolved Photometry of the V-type Near-Earth Asteroid 4055 Magellan (1985 DO2)
- Phu Kieu, Kevin Grazier, Tuning of a Numerical Integration System
- Ivan Bernal, Neil Murphy, Developing a Compact Doppler/Magnetograph for Solar Diagnostics
- Karen Garcia, William M. Owen, High Precision Asteroid Astrometry
- Christen Gerhart, Kelly Perry, The Search for Propellers in Saturns A Ring
- Jacquelyn Harrington, Neil Murphy, Developing A Laser Diode Control System
- Phu Kieu, Kevin Grazier, Visualization of Planetesimal Close Encounters with Jovian Planets
- Kelvin Konevsky, Sean Lockwood, Spectroscopic Measurements of CO2 Lasers at the Infrared Spatial Interferometer
- Thien-Tin Truong, Michael Hicks, Mining the SDSS-MOC database for main-belt asteroid solar phase behavior
- Derek Wells, Martin Regehr, Deep-space Optical Terminal and Active Isolation Steering Element design
Summer 2009 and 2009-2010 academic year
- Ivan Bernal, Neil Murphy, "Developing a Compact Doppler/Magnetograph for Solar Diagnostics,"
- John Palombi, Kevin Grazier, "Meteoroid Stream Modeling in the Inner Solar System,"
- Jennifer Shitanishi, Michael Hicks, "Physical Characterization of Asteroids: Potentially Hazardous Asteroid 2007 MK13,"
- Stephanie Zajac, Neil Murphy, "Development and Testing of a Compact Vector Helium Magnetometer,"